Hi guys its Patrick from AndroidTopTips and today I’m going to show you fix google play Check your connection and try again- No Root. I recently downloaded Freedom app apk just to be extra smart in order to get everything for free for in app purchase from google play store. While downloading this app I was not aware that I would mess up with Google play store error Check your connection and try again. Well my internet WiFi was working perfectly and has no issues at all.
Do you Like Android Nougat, if Yes? try this Top 7 Best Android 7.0 Nougat Features
Fix Check your connection and try again Google Play Store Error:
The issue started when I downloaded Freedom app (not available on play store) from a random website on google. I’ve installed it and nothing was working for me in terms of in app purchase, hence I instantly removed it from my phone. I’m using Lenovo Vibe S2 and when I went to google play store to download a random app. The message pops up saying “Check your connection and try again.” Now this was getting frustrating, as my internet was on with no issues, phone is working great and everything seems to be perfect.
The Problem was none other than Freedom app which I’ve uninstalled. This app has messed up my local host internet settings and due to which Google Play Store Error “Check your connection and try again” This is How I fixed this issue. Quick and simple troubleshooting step is to download Solid Explorer, the reason I said this cause ES File manager did not work for me as it gives error to save the file which I wanted to edit.
(This Solution worked for me to fix Check your connection and try again Google Play Store Error.):
- Download Solid Explorer
- Search for ETC folder in internal storage
- Inside that you will find a file name HOST
- Now we will need to edit this file. (remember this failed with ES File Explorer.)
- Add # sign in front of the numbers.
- So it should be like this #127.0.0.1 localhost / #127.65.71.39android.clients.google.com
- Save the file and exit the explorer.
- Now goto Google play Store and check it should be working.
Here are Five Failed solutions to Fix Check your connection and try again Google Play Store Error. They are as mentioned below which you should never try at first place.
- WiFi Connection : While doing a google search for this issue, I came across a article which said that WiFi connection could be the problem and to Fix Check your connection and try again Google Play Store Error. So they suggested that its because of the unstable slow internet connected connection now this was the sure failed solution cause my internet is working perfectly fine.
- Date and Time Settings and Location access : Okay so this is the second solution suggested which has no connection to the Google play store error message, yet I thought lets rest it again and give it a try. But no luck! nothing happen and things remains the same as I still get Check your connection and try again Google Play Store Error.Go to Settings. Tap on Date and Time option. Here, mark a check on Automatic Date & Time & Automatic Time Zone option. Now, go back and tap Location > Mode option. Here, choose the High Accuracy or Battery saving mode. I think it should fix Check your connection and try again Google Play Store Error. If not, then follow the below solutions.
- Proxy Settings : This solution I though might be bit logical, cause the issue Check your connection and try again Google Play Store Error was related to internet hence I may have messed up with my IP address or proxy setting of internet, well No! Don’t ever try to change any proxy settings form your phone or you will end up with more issues.Go to Settings. Here, look for WiFi Settings option and click on it. Open Advanced Settings of your WiFi connection. Ensure that the Proxy Settings is set to None. This should surely Fix Check your connection and try again Google Play Store Error. If, somehow, you are still getting this error then go for below solutions.
- Synced Google account : I also tried doing this and switched to another gmail account, but that didn’t work as well, as when you go to google play store it does nothing same Check your connection and try again Google Play Store Error. However you can try these steps Go to Settings. Now, click on Google option under Account section. Here, look for you synced Google account and remove it. Now, restart your android phone and reconfigure it with another Google Account. (These steps worked for some users)
- Factory Rest : Well this Solution is the last thing you can ever do if all the steps failed above for Check your connection and try again” Google Play Store Error , by doing this you will lose all your phone data and once the phone reboots it will be a brand new fresh phone, So its a risk! still if you wish to try it here are the steps which you can follow. Go to Settings. Now, click on Backup and Reset option. Here, click on Factory Data Reset option. You will see a declamatory message on the screen. Just click on Reset phone option. If you have set any password or pattern, just enter it and click on Erase everything option. Wait for your android phone to restart. Configure your Google Account and then open Google Play Store. There is possibilities that soon after fixing this issue you might come across issue with sync google accounts, but don’t worry here is the Fix Couldn’t Sign in -There was a problem communicating with google servers Android
That’s all for the day, friends. I hope this tutorial “Check your connection and try again” Google Play Store Error: Fixed was helpful to you. If my efforts managed to help you, then do share this article on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social profiles. Do not forget to Subscribe us to receive more useful articles via email. If you have any further questions regarding How To Fix “Check your connection and try again” Google Play Store Error, feel free to ask me by commenting below. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.