Hi Guys this is Patrick from Android TopTips to take a closer look at what I think are the 7 best android 7.0 Nougat Features
Di-spite some are those big features like big split screen mode and 72 new emoji’s getting all of the attention, actually I think some of the best features are the ones little bit less obvious. so without further I do, lets take a look at 7 best android 7.0 Nougat Features. Oh Yes! I said Nougat.
- Quick Switching : Recent App quick switcher is without a doubt my favorite android 7.0 features surprisingly enough. In terms of raw awesomeness its right up there with camera short cut that you get with hardware button on galaxy’s and nexus phones. Once you use it, you will wonder how you lived without it and you may find yourself trying to do it on phones don’t actually support it. Quick switching is quite easy as well just double tap the recent app button to switch between your 2 most recent app. It works in split screen mode as well and save tons of time for anyone who is frequently hope back and forth between couple of apps.
2. Quick Toggles : This isn’t another less then jaw dropping feature but probably you’re going to get the most use out of in Android 7.0 Nougat features. Samsung’s touch wiz another manufacturing skins had a shortlist of the toggles at top of the notification shape for quite some time, But until Nougat this is the first time I had it in stock android. Even though you can easily pull that screen up with the two fingers swipe which you can also do in Nougat, having them always ready on top of your notification list is way better. You can also customize their order to meet your specific need as well.
3. Bundled Notifications : Bundled Notifications also makes a whole lot of sense when it comes to Android 7.0 Nougat features, I mean why would you want a individual notifications from same app when you can group them all together, this way you can expand them all for individual attention or you can dismiss them all or one at a time. Nougat quick reply feature also means you can respond to select notifications right from the notification shape without having to open another app. The only problem with quick reply is that its not supported by every app just yet.
4. Setting Details : Another brilliant but rather obvious feature of Nougat putting all of the most important information in setting menu right there on front page. So you don’t need to go on sub-menu now to see what WiFi never get connected to or Bluetooth is connected. You can also see how much internal storage is taken up, how much of your data allowance you have used, your average RAM usage, how many apps you got installed and how much longer your battery is expected to last. All at your casual glance whenever you open the settings. You may not hitch on the face but actually really great idea.
5. Direct Boot Encryption : Only enough rebooting your phone is one of my favorite Nougat features, if you make a switch to file encryption or if you pick up one of the new nexuses which will have it by default you can get all the way to you lock screen with a stealing encrypted device, this means you can pick up incoming notifications, calls, alarms and that kind of thing but your private data is still secure. Mean while just adding in time compilation to android Nougat run phone, means your phone will reboot a lot faster without that painfully slow optimizing apps process that you have to suffer through marshmallow. Just in time compilation also means that your apps can be updated faster, they require less storage and they use less RAM. That’s not bad!
6. Share Picker Pinning : If you share anywhere near as many links, files and photos as I do and you have your favorite apps for doing that and being able to pin your favorites app to the top of the android screen is dream come true. Again its one of those features that would never make it to google advertising if google ever really advertise android at first place with its one of the great little ideas which makes a huge difference on daily for anyone who uses them.
7. Customize All The Things! : Finally I wanted to give you some tips on customization in Nougat. Of-course android is always been the most customize mobile OS but there’s always been more features available in third party Skins, custom ROMs and third part launchers then there has been in vanilla android but over the last few releases we have seen more and more of those features getting back into stock android. Following on from fingerprints support, battery savers and general app permissions, Nougat now adds a DPI changer to switch up the screen size of the onscreen content, It lets you to find how important the notifications from individual apps are, lets you white list apps even when in do not disturb mode and even lets you cut off internet access for apps running in background. Also you got customization quick settings and bunch of other little tweaks and options in system UI tuner. Its also amount of fine gain control and I absolutely love it!
Some other android 7.0 Nougat features you may like it :
8) Doze Mode on the Go
9) Multi-language support
10) Do Not Disturb
11) Data Saver
12) Seamless updates
13 ) Maintenance updates and the beta program
14) Camera shortcuts
15) Recent apps changes
16) Vulkan, Java 8 and OpenJDK
17) Direct Boot
18) File-based encryption
19) Number blocking/call screening
20) Managing app folder access
21) Emergency info
22) Better backups and Accessibility settings
So there’s mine 7 favorite android 7.0 Nougat features, but what are yours, hit those comments to share and do not forget to share and subscribe to our website if you haven’t already, make sure you share this article if you’re loving Nougat and want to see more fresh articles like this one. Till next time guys keep with locked to Android TopTips because we are your source to all things android.